- All bookings commence at 4.00 pm on day of arrival and your accommodation must be vacated by 10.00am. Martha’s Orchard is a gated site so arrivals must be before 7.00pm as there is no resident member of staff. In an emergency please ring Mother Ivey’s Bay Holiday Park on 01841 520 990.
- The number of persons including all children must be stated at the time of booking and must not exceed the maximum number stated for each property. Bed linen and towels are provided.
- Towels for use at the hot tub (if applicable) or beach are also provided. Please do not take the bathroom towels outside.
- Gas BBQs are provided to all properties and must not be taken off site. Please do not use portable or disposable BBQs on site.
- Breakages and damage must be reported and paid for.
- Please leave the property clean and tidy. Vacuum cleaners are provided. The Company reserves the right to charge a cleaning fee of £75.00 if the property is not left in a suitable state.
- All properties have parking for 2 cars with the exception of Mulberry House which has parking for 3 cars.
- A booking is a contract and the first person named on the booking is responsible for the total price of the accommodation.
- A 50% non-refundable deposit is payable at the time of booking.
- The balance due on the holiday is payable at least six weeks before your holiday commences. We reserve the right to re-let if payment has not been received by the due date.
- All payments made are non-refundable.
- All prices are inclusive of VAT at the standard rate. Any changes in VAT rates will be adjusted at the time of your holiday.
- We strongly recommend that you take out Holiday Insurance to protect you in the event that you are unable to take your holiday. Refunds will not be given for reasons beyond our control.
- Pedestrian priority in all areas. Drivers and cyclists to keep to walking speed. Drivers must hold a current driving licence and be covered by insurance. For safety reasons roller skates, roller blades and skateboards are not allowed anywhere on the site.
- Please show consideration to your neighbours and keep noise down, with no noise between 11.00pm and 7.00am
- Rubbish and recycling facilities are provided near Reception. Please recycle to help reduce landfill waste. Recycling bags are provided in each utility room for temporary storage of recyclable items.
- Please use outdoor hoses/showers to rinse wetsuits, to minimise the sand brought into the property.
- Should the Company have to cancel a booking for any reason whatsoever the liability of the Company will be limited to a refund of the monies paid.
- The Company and its employees accept no liability for loss or damage to persons or property about the site nor for any equipment or facilities which may be temporarily out of use.
- Any person in breach of our Booking Conditions plus any person causing offence to other guests may, at the discretion of the Management, be asked to leave immediately. No refund will be given.
- We do not knowingly allow anyone to stay who has a record of any order indicating antisocial behaviour, violence, abuse, public disorder, or criminal damage or any other form of antisocial behaviour; or is a convicted sex offender, subject to the notification requirements of the Sexual Offences Act 2003; or subject to a Risk of Sexual Harm Order or Child Abduction Notice. By making a booking, you are confirming that the above does not apply to anyone in your party. If it later becomes known to us that this is not the case, we reserve the right to cancel your booking and require you, and all members of your party, to leave the park, without refund.
- Gates are kept locked with a number access code. Late arrivals must telephone before 5.00pm to obtain the access code.
- Strictly no hen or stag parties
- The whole of Martha’s Orchard is a ‘No Smoking’ site. Smoking is not permitted on site.
- Maximum two dogs per property. No other pets are permitted.
- The Management reserves the right to refuse admission to, or eject any dog which it considers inappropriate as a family pet.
- Dogs must be kept on leads at all times. DO NOT leave dogs unattended at any time.
- Doggy litter bins are provided throughout the site so please clear up after your dog.
- Please remember your dog’s special bedding.
- We know that some dogs love the settee so please use the special Martha’s Orchard blankets provided to protect the furniture.
- Dog crates with bedding are available on request. (One per property)
- Dog towels and eating/drinking bowls are provided.
Hot Tubs (if applicable)
- Please read the instructions for operating the Hot Tub – 8.00am to 11.00pm
- Please ensure you read the Hot Tub Safety Rules before using the Hot Tub.
- Only use the hot tub between the times stated above.
- The Hot Tub has been prepared for your stay and will be ready to use as soon as it has come up to temperature.
- Please remember to undo the clips before opening up the cover. Use the handles to lift the cover in half and then lift again to secure the cover on the cover lifter.
- There is a floating dispenser filled with slow release Chlorine tablets, which should be removed whilst the hot tub is in use and replaced afterwards. Please keep this floating dispenser out of reach of children.
- It is important that you replace the floating dispenser after use to keep the hot tub water sanitised and crystal clear for your enjoyment.
- Please ensure the Hot Tub cover is replaced after each use to maintain the temperature and the clips are secured.
Hot Tubs Safety Rules
Please note that persons using the hot tub do so at their own risk. It is very important that all users are made aware of the Hot Tub Safety Rules and that they strictly adhere to them.
- Only use the hot tubs between the hours of 8.00am and 11.00pm. Please be considerate to guests in the neighbouring properties
- Bathers must not exceed the maximum number permitted in the hot tub – The maximum number of users is 5.
- Never use the hot tub alone.
- Keep all loose articles of clothing and jewellery away from jets.
- Water temperatures between 34°C – 35°C are recommended. This is particularly important for children who cannot regulate their body temperature in the same way as adults.
- Bathers should never submerge their head in water.
- Hot tub water is not suitable to be in or near your mouth and should never be consumed. It is the responsibility of adult bathers to instruct any children of this advice.
- Do not jump into the hot tub or stand on or jump on the hot tub lid.
- Take care on the decking/hot tub steps as water from the tub can cause it to be slippery.
- Avoid entering the hot tub water immediately after exercising as the water temperature can affect the heart rate.
- At 39°–40°C limit your time in the hot tub to 15 minutes as extending this time can affect your inner organs and cause fever like conditions. The time can be extended at 37°C (body temperature) or below.
- All persons, and especially young children, should be encouraged to drink fresh water while they’re soaking. If the bather feels sick to their stomach, dizzy and/or sleepy, they should exit the hot tub immediately.
- Intended users suffering from blood pressure problems, diseases of the heart and circulation, diabetes or skin conditions, are immuno-suppressed, subject to fits, or taking drugs affecting the cardiovascular or nervous systems, should not use the hot tub without first seeking medical advice.
- Never use the hot tub while using or after using narcotics or other drugs that may cause sleepiness, drowsiness or raise/lower blood pressure.
- It is recommended that the hot tub is not used after a heavy meal or while under the influence of alcohol or sedatives.
- We would advise that bathers who have used hair removal methods i.e. shaving, waxing or epilation/depilation on lower body in the last 24 hours not to use the hot tub.
- Never use the hot tub in a thunderstorm.
- Never take electrical appliances near the hot tub.
- Bathers must not use the hot tub if they have had diarrhoea within the last 14 days.
- Take care when entering and leaving the hot tub. When leaving the hot tub leg, muscles may be relaxed enough to make you unsteady.
- If any allergic reaction occurs leave the hot tub and rinse off in the shower. If the reaction persists, contact reception or go to a local doctor or A&E.
- Please remember to undo the clips before opening the cover. Use the handles to lift the cover in half and then lift again to secure the cover on the cover lifter.
- Please ensure that the hot tub cover is replaced after each use to maintain the temperature and that the clips are secured.
- Do NOT allow pets in the hot tub.
- Please ensure that feet are clean before entering the hot tub.
- Bathers must use the toilet and shower with soap and water before entering the hot tub. Showering before use washes away many of the common skin bacteria and removes lotions, deodorants, creams etc. which reduce the effectiveness of the hot tub sanitiser which disinfects the water.
- Bathers must not wear lotions, oils, makeup or skin creams in the hot tub.
- No incontinent person may use the hot tub, either with or without a waterproof nappy.
- CHEMICAL SANITISING UNIT – There is a floating dispenser filled with slow release chlorine tablets, which should be removed whilst the hot tub is in use and replaced afterwards. Please keep this floating dispenser out of the reach of children. It is important that you replace the floating dispenser after use to keep the hot tub water sanitised and crystal-clear for your enjoyment.
- PLEASE NOTE: Your hot tub may need to be closed down if the water becomes contaminated due to non-adherence to the hygiene rules above and there will be a £100 charge for cleaning and re-filling prior to re-use.
Food and Drink
- Glassware must NOT be used in or around the hot tub. Please use plastic ‘glassware’ provided in the utility room.
- Any glass broken in or around the hot tub must be reported immediately.
- No food to be consumed in the hot tub.
Children and Pregnancy
- Risk to children – Extreme caution should be exercised to prevent unauthorised access by underage children. The hot tub cover must remain closed at all times unless a responsible adult is present.
- Children under 5 must not use the hot tub as they cannot regulate their body temperature suitably.
- Instruct your children to shower and visit the toilet before using the hot tub and inform them to keep their heads out of the water.
- Children between 5 and 16 must always be supervised by a responsible adult whilst using the hot tub.
- Pregnant women are advised to consult their doctor before using the hot tub.
- Babies nappies should not be changed beside the hot tub.